Sunday, September 12, 2004

two cats atop a car

this evening, i pulled into my driveway after... a bit of necessary shopping, and atop my better/other half's car, sitting on the roof itself, were two tan cats with faded racoon tails!

now, this is a disaster... i know immediately for our household already has 4 cats...

so, true to my nature, i get out of my car, get down low as both cats leap from atop the car, and say in a sweet, motherese voice, "hi there kitty" and to my horror, one of the cats comes right to me...

and i think, well wasn't that stupid...

so, i go inside and get my bichon frise, my white fluffball of a dog who is already barking in the front window, and i say to my precious dog of only 8.5 lbs. "come on, come on; let's scare away some kitties". .. and my dog says in dogese: "oh oh oh yes, let me kill the kitties!"

so, we go outside; my bichon on a leash and me in tow... and with one little yapping bark, those two cats take off... but, one stops, looks back in a forlorn manner as if to say, "i thought you were a nice human"...and, ignoring this plea for company, i egg my dog on... "come on, come on" ; and she barks again... and off go the cats with me yelling sweetly, "that's right, go on home. don't come back here. we've got too many cats; go on now; we don't want you."

"good girl," i say to my bichon frise cotton ball dog; and we go back inside without two new cats to feed and clean up after...

No comments: