Sunday, September 12, 2004

major projects in charleston area

looking at my first - wow- three comments on my new blog, and noting that... a comment from a dear friend of mine says basically, yeah a rapid transit system is a good idea, but sheesh, it will take so many years to develop, finance, and build that only my grandchildren will benefit...

and my response to my good friend, and to all others who happen by, is:

charleston needs a rapid transit system in the same way that it need(ed) the new bridge... and look; see how rapidly that new bridge is being built!

i am amazed. .. this big, beautiful project is way ahead of schedule... it is being constructed efficiently and with unprecedented safety. .. i believe that only one (and yes, one is too many) person has died in its construction, and that was because the worker failed to attach his safety line to the bridge so that the device could catch him when he fell...

my point: once charleston community gets behind an idea, a project that is BIG, MAGNIFICENT, and BENEFICIAL to all, the project gets completed rather quickly...

so, let's get together and get us a rapid transit system and park and ride...

No comments: