Thursday, December 16, 2004

day in washington dc

here i am in washington, dc having spent the day exploring the national museum of american history after a brief, albeit depressing stop at the national aquarium.

at the national museum of american history, i saw the star spangled banner under restoration, and actually cried... it was so moving... i saw a display dated 1954 in which two children have moved, and are standing in front of a green, wooden paneled station wagon with a small kidillac car on the lawn... and i laughed thinking back to my days in memphis, tennessee when i was six...

all and all, a wonderful, though very cold day walking around pennsylvania avenue and 14th and 15th streets. ate at two grand restaurants...

i ate breakfast at old ebbitts grill and a late lunch at les halles where i had tomato soup and a selection of french cheeses with bread and butter and a kir royal... yum...

later, i spent some time at grand station shopping for my daughter... and finally reached my destination of gettysburg with my other/better half...

1 comment:

Carley said...

yes, jen... that's where i have been. landed safely back in the beautiful, wonderful, warm low country yesterday afternoon... and now enjoying my own coffee and my computer... and my blog... of course.

have fun in indiana! my daughter said it was snowing right before she left earlham...

ooh... there was a little snow dusting in pa.

my better/other half is staying on an orchard farm outside gettysburg... absolutely pristine hills with outlines of black limbs and large rolled hay bales...

i had a nice time...
let's get together!