Monday, December 3, 2007

Sudan Releases British Teacher, Gillian Gibbons


MSNBC reports:
Sudanese presidential spokesman Mahzoub Faidul told The Associated Press that Gibbons would "be released today and will fly back to England today."

In a written statement released by the presidential palace and read by Warsi to reporters, Gibbons said she was sorry if she caused any "distress."

"I have a great respect for the Islamic religion and would not knowingly offend anyone," Gibbons, 54, who has been imprisoned since Thursday, said in the statement.

"I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends, but I am very sorry that I will be unable to return to Sudan," the statement read.


Hard to imagine that Gillian Gibbons would want to return to Sudan to teach! But, an intelligent woman to:

1) Apologize that she 'offended' anyone.
2) Express her 'respect' for the Islamic faith.
3) State, whether sincerely or not, that she desires to teach Sudanese children.

No comments: