Saturday, December 8, 2007

'I Just Want to Take A Few Pieces of (expletive) With Me"

OMAHA, Neb. - As police released surveillance images of a shaggy-haired, bespectacled Robert Hawkins taking aim at holiday shoppers, more details were revealed Friday about the teenager's suicide note, in which he wrote that he "just snapped."

“I know everyone will remember me as some sort of monster, but please understand that I just don’t want to be a burden on the ones that I care for my entire life,” he wrote. “I just want to take a few pieces of (expletive) with me.”

The 19-year-old gunman left the note at the suburban house where he lived Wednesday before going to Omaha’s Westroads Mall with an AK-47 and opening fire on the midday holiday shopping crowd, fatally shooting eight people at the Von Maur store before turning the gun on himself.


Associated Press

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone commented that the state of Nebraska spent a small, perhaps moderate, amount of money trying to help Master Hawkins. The sort of help our tax dollars purchase, however, is pretty lame... obviously, no one managed to really help this guy.

This is not to say that no one tried. I am sure that many people reached out to and tried very hard to bring this young man some peace.

Too bad for everyone that nothing worked.