Wednesday, February 27, 2008

'Been A Little Busy' Says Clinton

Asked during the debate [in Cincinnati, Ohio] whether he accepted the endorsement that he received from Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has made anti-Semitic remarks, Sen. Obama issued a blunt rejection: "I have been very clear in my denunciation of Minister Farrakhan. I did not solicit his support." The issue has been a sensitive one for Sen. Obama, who met with Jewish leaders Saturday in Cleveland.

Sen. Clinton said she faced a similar situation in New York when she ran for the senate. "I made it very clear that I did not want their support," she said.

During the presidential campaign, much has been made of Sen. Clinton declining to release her income-tax returns. Asked last night when she might make the returns public, Sen. Clinton said she would do so soon, but not before the contests Tuesday. "I'm a little busy right now. I hardly have time to sleep," she said.

I have no doubt that Barack declined Farrakhan's support; I have much doubt that Hillary has been too busy to provide her tax returns.

No comments: