Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why Women Don't Like Hillary Clinton

Books of The Times
Candidate Clinton Scrutinized by Women
By MICHIKO KAKUTANI
Published: January 15, 2008
This intriguing but highly uneven anthology of reflections about Hillary Rodham Clinton by a spectrum of well-known female writers underscores the relentless media focus on her life.


Someone I love very much sent me the link to this article (thank you!) and asked me to consider "why you don't like" Hillary.

I read this article in the NY Times, and the only comment which sparked a recognized "yep; that's one reason" stated that Hillary is "self-conscious" and bases her decisions on "polls." I see her "self-consciousness" as extreme caution.

I saw Hillary's extreme caution last night during the Nevada debates. She side-stepped a very direct question regarding her greatest weakness and her greatest strength. She provided neither, in my opinion. No big surprise, but still disappointing.

No comments: