Saturday, January 12, 2008

Gas Mileage Tauted As "Amazing": You've Got to be Kidding!

This morning, I caught a television ad for one of the KIA sedans, tauting its supposedly amazing gasoline mileage. The ad shows a young couple trying to figure out which side of the car should be closest to the gas pump for refueling. The implication, actually stated at the end of the commercial, is that this couple has to fill up so infrequently, they have forgotten where the gas tank is located.

Turns out the amazing mileage this car gets is a measly 32 mpg. on the highway.

I have no idea why automobile manufacturers for the US market keep thinking that 32 mpg. is good.

My little SCION XA (no longer available as 2006 was its last year in production) gets approximately 38 mpg. on the highway. To me, this is still not good. How 32 mpg. is good escapes me.

No comments: