Saturday, October 20, 2007

Our Annual Autumn Trip to Hendersonville, North Carolina

My son and I left early this morning for Hendersonville, stopping first at the local Waffle House for breakfast...

We made excellent time, arriving at the Bat Cave exit in a record 3 hours! (Everyone was driving at least 80mph today!)

We found Lyda Farms without difficulty on Hwy 64E, stopped for a short time, picking out 3 "ghost" pumpkins (they're white), and a bag of Arkansas Black apples.

Then, we drove into downtown Hendersonville, ate lunch at Cypress Cellar. I had pecan drenched catfish with ratatouille and fried okra with a wonderful salad. My son had linguini andbread. A very relaxing lunch as this is NOT a fast-food joint.

Did some window shopping: in an antique shop we saw a William Tell bank priced at $2,100 dollars...wow.

On the way home, we stopped in Spartanburg at the Barnes & Noble bookseller to have coffee and diet root beer.

I glanced at a graphic novel, TOWN BOY which looked intriguing...I did not purchase it, however.

My son perused GUEST OF THE AYATOLLAH.

Coming back, we also stopped in Columbia to have an unsatisfying dinner/snack at Fazoli's...

All in all, a good day.

No comments: