Monday, November 1, 2004

eating chocolate, drinking a merlot after dinner

sitting here in the kitchen at my computer after... cooking and eating a lemon and pepper shrimp, rice, broccoli and cauliflour dinner with my son... drinking a glass of merlot and eating a leftover halloween snickers mini-bar... this chocolate, caramel, and nut combination with a rich red wine is something else, by the way...

i am so looking forward to voting in the a.m. with my son, who votes this year for the first time... as does my other "child" who is away at college...

i am excited about the entire process... trusting that the american way will prevail again...

1 comment:

Carley said...

ron, although looking back at the order of posts, i realize that i had not yet driven to st. george, i do know that i was indeed thinking about the counting process when i referred to the american way, and not to republican vs. democratic ideals... personally, i believe that we are not as far apart as we imagine... i grew up in a rabidly (yes, i know that is a strong word) liberal household... and all of my close relatives remain very liberal, but my faith in the lord makes it difficult for me to vote for a person who supports partial birth abortion and leans toward the dissolution of the traditionally structured family...

still, the american way is our way; and there is room enough for everyone...