Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Get It Together, Baby!" Says Applebees


Now, first off, I don't eat at Applebees (at least not very often and definitely not recently.)

Second, the new ad that was introduced just a few days ago, I have only heard on the radio. I have yet to see the television spot. I believe in the tv spot, an apple sitting on a park bench speaks to someone about eating at Applebees.

I can't comment on that advertisement, but the radio ad I find extraordinarily annoying, especially the woman at the end who commands me to "get it together, baby."

What, pray tell, do I not have together? My emotions, my finances, my job, my family? What is she talking about!?

And, why does she sound like she lives out in the woods, up on the mountains, or even deep in a swamp somewhere?

No comments: