Thursday, February 24, 2005

wednesday evening K group at beautiful savior

my personal musings as "facilitator" of the wednesday evening K-group studying JAMES at the wels lutheran beautiful savior church in summerville...

after last evening, i found myself moved thinking again about how much GOD loves us, how much He gave up for us...

abraham being willing to sacrifice isaac as a parallel or figurative image of GOD the father being willing to sacrifice His one and only son, JESUS for us...

and Jesus being willing to sacrifice His full power and glory to live on earth as a human being for us...

these two thoughts pierce my heart, but make me smile simultaneously...

to GOD be the glory...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post

Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.